Author Topic: FBA 64bit Tutorial(Update This can also be done with RetroARCH)  (Read 6217 times)

Thunderman

• View Profile
FBA 64bit Tutorial(Update This can also be done with RetroARCH)
« on: November 30, 2017, 04:17:48 PM »
For this tutorial will be creating 1 collection CPS1 (Capcom Play System I) and the FBA config for other collections just repeat step 2 and change "Capcom Play System I" for system of choice
check bottom of tutorial for supported systems.

Step 1 open command prompt navigate to your retrofe root directory

Step 2 issue command core\RetroFE.exe -createcollection "Capcom Play System I"    This will make a folder named (Capcom System I) and generate folders and config files.

Step 3 Download FBA64.exe from the fba site navigate to retrofe/emulators/ and create a folder named (fba64) note all config files are case sensitive
          Extract fba64 to that directory and run fba64.exe to generate directory's and config files once loaded, select game load game and select ROMs Dirs.... for path#1 enter Full path to CPS1 directory (Ex: C:\RetroFE\collections\Capcom Play System I\roms\) note: this is how FBA knows what roms you have so will have to manually run finalburn and let it rescan if make rom changes.

Step 4 Config files ...  navigate in explorer to RetroFE\launchers.windows\ create a file fba64.conf and put this inside and save changing directory to your install location
Code: [Select]
executable = C:\RetroFE\emulators\fba64\fba64.exe
arguments = "%ITEM_NAME%"

Step 5 navigate to C:\RetroFE\collections\Main\menu.txt and add system
Ex: of my menu.txt
Arcade
Capcom Play System I
Capcom Play System II
Capcom Play System III
Cave
SNK Neo Geo MVS
Sega Genesis

Step 6 C:\RetroFE\collections\Capcom Play System I\settings.conf and edit

# Uncomment and edit the following line to use a different ROM path.
# list.path = %BASE_ITEM_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\roms
list.includeMissingItems = true
list.extensions = zip
list.menuSort = true
launcher = fba64
metadata.type = fba64

#media.screenshot      = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\screenshot
#media.screentitle     = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\screentitle
#media.artwork_back    = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\artwork_back
#media.artwork_front   = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\artwork_front
#media.logo            = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\logo
#media.medium_back     = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\medium_back
#media.medium_front    = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\medium_front
#media.screenshot      = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\screenshot
#media.screentitle     = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\screentitle
#media.video           = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\video
#media.system_artwork  = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\system_artwork

Step 7  include.txt ran into some confusion on this part some worked some did not solution
1941r1
dino
willowu
you need to use names based on the way FBA see's the roms named one way to find out is to manually run a game with FBA and go to fba config directory a .ini file for game will be created and will list the rom name ex 1941.zip is called 1941r1
exert from first line of .ini file
// FB Alpha v0.2.97.42 --- Config File for 1941r1 (1941 - Counter Attack (World
Step 8 lastly C:\RetroFE\collections\Capcom Play System I\medium_artwork\logo\        place game art here and the games will show in menu. NOTE: names have to match the names in the include.txt Ex: 1941r1

supported systems

Capcom CPS-1
Capcom CPS-2
Capcom CPS-3
Cave
Data East DEC-0, DEC-8 and DECO IC16 based games
Galaxian based hardware
Irem M62, M63, M72, M90, M92 and M107 hardware
Kaneko 16
Konami
Neo-Geo
NMK16
Pacman based hardware
PGM
Psikyo 68EC020 and SH-2 based hardware
Sega System 1, System 16 (and similar), System 18, X-Board and Y-Board
Super Kaneko Nova System
Toaplan 1
Toaplan 2
Taito F2, X, Z and others

:D Happy Final Burning with retrofe.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:28:03 PM by Thunderman »

bodbod

• View Profile
    • Don't be a sheep, Do It Yourself !
Re: FBA 64bit Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »
Thx Karlabury, I will try this weekend for some machinesnot working with MAME for me.
What would be the advantage compared to Mame64 though, in terms of quality or speed... ?

cheers !

Thunderman

• View Profile
Re: FBA 64bit Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 04:36:39 PM »
Thx Karlabury, I will try this weekend for some machinesnot working with MAME for me.
What would be the advantage compared to Mame64 though, in terms of quality or speed... ?

cheers !

see supported systems list its good for systems mame has issues with or dosn't run Taito X for 1 (Love me some Taito X Guilty Gear :D)