Author Topic: Changing the defaults for new systems.  (Read 2618 times)

Tomkun

• View Profile
Changing the defaults for new systems.
« on: November 21, 2017, 01:24:45 AM »
Is there a way to change the default settings.conf before adding a new system, or a global settings.conf that affects all systems?

I have roughly 70 systems to set up, but changing the settings.conf files manually for each system will be a laborious task. I tried adding a settings.conf file with the correct options to the _common folder, but it is ignored.

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the defaults for new systems.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:34:58 AM »
You can't change the settings.conf that's generated when you create a collection without editing the values in the source code and compiling it yourself and there's not a global settings file.

If you already have all of your collections created you could probably just use a simple script to copy your template conf file and replace all of the existing ones. If you haven't already created all of your collections I made a little app a few years ago when I switched from HyperSpin that lets you set a global settings.conf, created all the collections from the HS main menu xml (or a text list), and implemented the global settings. I may be able to dig up the source for that and see if it still works if you're interested.

Tomkun

• View Profile
Re: Changing the defaults for new systems.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 08:56:43 AM »
Yeah, I ended up making a batch file to do it. Thanks for the confirmation though!