Author Topic: Sega Mega Play BIOS ROM Issue  (Read 3310 times)

Zorak

• View Profile
Sega Mega Play BIOS ROM Issue
« on: November 16, 2017, 09:13:22 AM »
Hi All,

Been running RetroFE for a bit now, and I'm super happy with how it works.

Just one thing I've not been able to get running just yet the Sega Mega Play Games.

When I start it up directly in MAME I'm prompted with the choice between ep15294.ic2 or epr-a15294.ic2 both will run the game, but when I run it in RetroFE I'm not prompted and the game won't start.

Now I've already tried removing one of the two so it doesn't have to choose, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Sega Mega Play BIOS ROM Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 11:41:09 AM »
Hi All,

Been running RetroFE for a bit now, and I'm super happy with how it works.

Just one thing I've not been able to get running just yet the Sega Mega Play Games.

When I start it up directly in MAME I'm prompted with the choice between ep15294.ic2 or epr-a15294.ic2 both will run the game, but when I run it in RetroFE I'm not prompted and the game won't start.

Now I've already tried removing one of the two so it doesn't have to choose, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?
Never played those, but if you could upload your launcher conf file I'm willing to have a look, and sort it out.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Sega Mega Play BIOS ROM Issue
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 10:46:32 AM »
I'm not quite sure how you can actually select a game with this machine (the emulation is still preliminary I think), but the syntax is:
mame64.exe -bios ver1 megaplay
mame64.exe -bios ver2 megaplay
If you select it via the MAME UI, it doesn't select Megaplay; it selects the Megaplay BIOS in stead. That's why you get a choice; similar to when you play NeoGeo games via the UI.