Author Topic: Anyone has a DS4 "R2" working on the menu?  (Read 3544 times)

cassette

• View Profile
Anyone has a DS4 "R2" working on the menu?
« on: August 11, 2017, 07:11:32 AM »
Literally the sole input that I can't get to detect, all the others work great. "L2" is "joy0Axis2+". You'd think "joy0Axis2-" does it, but when I include it RetroFE goes crazy after 1 second on startup, moving up and down automatically. Tried toying around with the Deadzone, changing the value from "50", but no luck.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Anyone has a DS4 "R2" working on the menu?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 12:37:10 PM »
Send me a controller, and I'll happily sort it out.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Multiplexer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 05:57:32 PM »
I think it is button 7

cassette

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 08:53:51 AM »
hahah no chance, I could barely get my hands on this one (live in the a third world country, not much money, etc). I actually tried so hard to get my original PS1 DualShock working but the two adapters I got just betrayed me to no end so I had to upgrade. I know you use another controller and it'd be kind of ridiculous to make you buy one just to test this out but yeah if anyone is reading this and has it working please let me know lol

Also I think the compatibility has somehow improved a lot since I started using RetroFE so thanks for that! Not sure if you've changed much, but again this is the only button that doesn't work, I have all others mapped :p

joy0Button7 is "Options" on my end. And also I'm pretty sure it's joy0Axis2- just out of how the "+"/"-" characters work with other buttons, plus it being a pressure sensitive button (so it's considered an axis one I believe)

ThePreserver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 11:58:04 PM »
I had a similiar issue with a 1st gen PS4 controller. Assigned joystick buttons to left and right to navigate menus, and it would go crazy and move on its own and not stop. I just gave up and used D-pad instead. I now have a 2nd gen controller (R2) and I would assume it does the same. Then again I use DS4Windows to emulate Xinput, so RetroFE thinks it's an Xbox 360 controller.