Author Topic: Windows 10: PS3 or PS4 controller?  (Read 4944 times)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Windows 10: PS3 or PS4 controller?
« on: August 15, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »
Do you use a PS3 or PS4 controller on Windows 10? If so, please let me know which software/driver you're using to make it work, and how well it works for you? I'm trying to decide on what to use. :)

Multiplexer

• View Profile
Re: Windows 10: PS3 or PS4 controller?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 11:35:28 PM »
I use a PS4 controller. You don't need any software/drivers as long as you have bluetooth capabilities in your PC. It is also plug n play via USB. I did however purchase the official Sony wireless adaptor as it seemed to have a more stable connection and longer range plus you can use the audio feature, however it isn't worth the cost in my opinion. You can also use DS4Windows. It has the added benefits of being able to map the DS4 touchpad as a mouse and use the DS4 controller as an xbox controller.

Oh, and it works very well!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:39:27 PM by Multiplexer »

Sequence

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 09:42:47 AM »
I would like to add on this topic that I have used my Dualshock 4 controllers on Windows 10 for at least a year or two now. The software I have used has been InputMapper. It is free and extremely easy to use. Aside from the controller and this software, the only other thing I used was the usb cable for initial recognition 1 time.

https://inputmapper.com/

macattack222

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 09:19:24 PM »
I know this is a bit of an old topic, and maybe it was just my luck, but I had all kinds of weird random issues with DS4. One thing that I recommend to people is using a mayflash or bitdo adapter. You just sync it and you're done and you can even use them on the switch.  It works great in case people out there don't want to mess with the software.