Author Topic: Introductions are in order: who are you?  (Read 5392 times)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Introductions are in order: who are you?
« on: January 18, 2017, 02:07:11 PM »
I figured it was time one of these threads was started. :) Who are YOU?

I'll kick off:

My name is Pieter Hulshoff, born on the 7th of October, 1972, and living with wife and 2 children in the Netherlands. I hold a masters degree in computer science, and have been working as an ASIC/FPGA design engineer (till 2013) and (since then) as a network consultant & systems architect in the Telecom industry. My hobbies include Kuk Sool Won (martial arts), reading, D&D, and playing with my huge organ.

I started playing with Linux and MAME in the mid-late 90s, and after programming some minor features for xmame I figured I could write my own front-end (just in case you were wondering where that MAMEd theme came from). I lost interest for a while, and when I wanted to restart with my front-end in 2013, I found out there were already plenty of alternatives. Few of those however were F/OSS, so after a bit of investigation I started helping out with RetroFE rather than do everything on my own again, and now here we are. :)

BritneysPAIRS

• View Profile
Re: Introductions are in order: who are you?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:33:05 AM »
Hi im BP...same age worked on a lot of stuff for orig xbox including XBMC and mame...very keen interest of mine and I have a few people that hang around me to help, this is awesome work and would love to help

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 10:33:58 PM »
Well, I could certainly use some help. So far F/OSS hasn’t attracted a huge set of programmers yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

billyc666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 07:36:28 PM »
Hi, Im Billy , i just love tinkering with stuff as a pass time. i have no skills but love to read code to see if i can figure what does what then change it a little.

im just a dustman.. unless i get promoted in my latest job application  :o