Author Topic: Wii U names  (Read 7743 times)

cassette

• View Profile
Wii U names
« on: July 02, 2017, 07:52:39 AM »
How do you guys handle this console? Names for the files used by the emulator to open the game are rather inconvenient for FrontEnd purposes. For example Super Mario Maker one is called "Block.rpx", and Smash Bros. has both "cross_f.rpx" and "surf.rpx". I could fix them up with an hyperlist entry, but I'm afraid more games will have these same names, not to mention I fully expect another game to have a handful of these .rpx files which will turn rather tiring for "exclude" purposes (which I already have to deal wtih because I don't want cross_f and surf to translate into listing Smash Bros twice).

Also worth mentioning that since they have a folder-based structure, having many games will mean many folders which will lead to RetroFE taking a long time to enter the system (due to having to read hundreds of files in all these folders). This is fixed on Windows by making .lnk files, but that doesn't work here, I don't think.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:55:52 AM by firewater »

KMetalMind

• View Profile
Re: Wii U names
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 04:49:24 PM »
I personally just rename .rpx files. They are just like the .exe for PC games, so the game keeps working perfectly even if you rename it.

About the launcher, try renaming the game folder as the .rpx, and then use this file:
Code: [Select]
executable = %RETROFE_PATH%\launchers\Cemu\Cemu 1.8.1b\Cemu.exe
arguments = -f -g "%ITEM_DIRECTORY%\%ITEM_NAME%\code\%ITEM_NAME%.rpx"

It works perfectly fine on my build  ;)

cassette

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 06:22:04 AM »
Thank you so much!! I really had no clue how to go about this.

ThePreserver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 10:55:20 PM »
I can't seem to get the rpx files to show up properly, maybe there is something I am missing from the steps above?

Thunderman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 12:51:34 AM »
I can't seem to get the rpx files to show up properly, maybe there is something I am missing from the steps above?

how are they showing up atm?

ThePreserver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 08:58:28 PM »
They just don't show up in the categories, and I have rpx in the allowed extension types. I can't get it to traverse directories like KMetalMind did

KMetalMind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 11:59:05 AM »
There are supposedly two ways of doing it:
1) Easy but slow: Use this setting in the collection's config:
list.romHierarchy = true
2) Manual but fast: Put the names of the games (without the extension or folder, just the name of the rpx) in an include.txt file on the collection, then use this setting in the collection's config:
list.romHierarchy = false
I use the second because Wii U games have too many folders and I have everything on a NAS, so somehow it affects speed.

cassette

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 06:11:53 AM »
There are supposedly two ways of doing it:
1) Easy but slow: Use this setting in the collection's config:
list.romHierarchy = true
2) Manual but fast: Put the names of the games (without the extension or folder, just the name of the rpx) in an include.txt file on the collection, then use this setting in the collection's config:
list.romHierarchy = false
I use the second because Wii U games have too many folders and I have everything on a NAS, so somehow it affects speed.

I'm reviving this thread because I've found using the 2nd method doesn't work. Does it for anyone? In my case it won't open the rom. And it won't do even if I set it to true. include.txt just doesn't play well with Wii U on my end.

edit: nevermind, as explained on a post above you have to rename the game folder too and use a special command.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 06:15:13 AM by firewater »