Author Topic: RetroFE 0.8.0  (Read 54303 times)

ryuuji

• View Profile
Re: RetroFE 0.8.0
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »
What about those fonts ? What is your idea ?

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2017, 08:37:59 PM »
Here's 0.8.4; I've added the ability to use meta fields like title, manufacturer, etc. for reloadableScrollingText

I really need to update that documentation...

zlagos

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2017, 09:30:34 PM »
Hello everyone

I like RetroFE. Now you just need to add the customizable lists to the emulator to stop using Maximus Arcade and switch to RetroFE. At the moment I'm just trying to prove it. For this I downloaded the pack of emumovies FTP.

(By the way, searching, searching, searching and re-searching, I have gotten the  79 story that is missing from the Atari 2600 of the pack of emumovies, some are very extensive, but they serve me.  If someone is interested, I can upload them to MEGA).

As I say, I usually use Maximus Arcade. If I still do not use RetroFE, it's just because I can not separate games by genres: Action, Sports, Shooting, Platforms, etc.

Making an xml for each genre could be a good method: Atari 2600.xml for all and Atari 2600_Deportes.xml for Sports, Atari 2600_Accion.xml, etc.

Let each user download them from the Hyperspin page or make them himself and separate them as you want, including the favorites ...

That a user prefers to separate them for years, so that it does ... that maintains the format xml of Hyperspin and that is worked it ...

It's just an idea that I try to bring ...

Another solution would be to do the same thing with xml, but with the include.txt files. What makes it easier for the programmer ...

On the other hand it would be desirable to leave the Genre and / or Favorites on the screen, of course ... I now only know if I'm in favorites because there are fewer games ...

In any case, your work is priceless. RetroFE is a great frontend, which will surely improve until it is the best.

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm Spanish and helped me with a translator.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:31:16 AM by zlagos »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2017, 07:00:05 AM »
I like RetroFE. Now you just need to add the customizable lists to the emulator to stop using Maximus Arcade and switch to RetroFE. At the moment I'm just trying to prove it. For this I downloaded the pack of emumovies FTP.
(By the way, searching, searching, searching and re-searching, I have gotten the  79 story that is missing from the Atari 2600 of the pack of emumovies, some are very extensive, but they serve me.  If someone is interested, I can upload them to MEGA).

Good to hear you like RetroFE so far. :) I would certainly like a copy of the story files so I can complete the set, and re-upload it to EmuMovies.

Making an xml for each genre could be a good method: Atari 2600.xml for all and Atari 2600_Deportes.xml for Sports, Atari 2600_Accion.xml, etc.

RetroFE only uses the XML to fill the meta.db database; splitting it will not do anything for you.

There are two options that might be useful to you:

1. Playlists
If you just want to step through the different genres, you can simply create a playlist txt file for each genre, and use the next/previous playlist to step from one to the next.

2. Sub collections
You can create a sub collection for each genre, using a .sub file (which, other than the name, looks the same as a playlist or include file), and create a new collection to show the different genres.

Basically, you need to decide if you want a separate wheel with the different genres, or if it's sufficient to just step through them to show the correct one.

zlagos

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2017, 10:51:55 PM »

Well ... Here I uploaded the 79 "Atari 2600's story's" missing in the EmuMovies megapack ...

https://mega.nz/#!i1UTQJAL!VLZmudJMpZV2shHOU_tb_mzuo3M2QgRDvrP90-yfjeE

My English is not very good, so I'll leave you the task of shortening them, which may be too long ...

On the other hand, the "playlist" did not know ... I think you should update the documentation of RetroFE ...

Thanks for everything.

bodbod

• View Profile
    • Don't be a sheep, Do It Yourself !
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2017, 03:30:44 AM »
cool, thanks for this Zlagos.

On my side I am working on the Sony PSP collection, I will give tomorrow what i have achieved so far, to be completed though.
If you find the story pack for the PSP I take it as I couldn t find it on emumovies.
I have an .ini file though with all the stories in it but needs to be broken down if there is no other solution.

cheers

zlagos

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »
I have an .ini file though with all the stories in it but needs to be broken down if there is no other solution.

If you send me the ini in an email or upload it where I can download it, I try to split it by storys ... In writing English I am quite bad, but in that I think I am good ...

Saludos...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:45:03 PM by zlagos »

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2017, 06:00:01 PM »
cool, thanks for this Zlagos.

On my side I am working on the Sony PSP collection, I will give tomorrow what i have achieved so far, to be completed though.
If you find the story pack for the PSP I take it as I couldn t find it on emumovies.

cheers

I'm assuming you are talking about the RocketLauncher ini files?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:55:32 PM by dustind900 »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2017, 10:24:54 PM »
Here's a (mostly untested) 0.8.5. It should add the onGameEnter and onGameExit animations that @igarikoitz requested. No current theme uses it though, so it shouldn't do much for you until themes pop up that do. :)

iGarikoitz

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2017, 10:34:34 PM »
Here's a (mostly untested) 0.8.5. It should add the onGameEnter and onGameExit animations that @igarikoitz requested. No current theme uses it though, so it shouldn't do much for you until themes pop up that do. :)
Works PERFECT!  ;) Thank you very much

zlagos

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »
With the material that bodbod sent me (thank you, my friend bodbod), I created the story.txt for the PSP and also the xml, and PSP configuration files.

I've run retrofe.exe -createcollection "Sony PSP" and so far so good.

I have copied the configuration files included in this file:

https://mega.nz/#!ixMViIBK!jdP0WJ_eohL2G9EatGyqbddWq__5s2-YM0pIDO3ZYHg

That includes the story.txt for the PSP. You can get them out of there. It is a small file, weighs 408 kb.

Well, I still ... I delete the file meta.db and I start RetroFE ... Recreates the files ... And the PSP appears in the main menu, but when I enter PSP ... I do not see a single data. ..

If someone can take the trouble to download the mega file and see what I may have done wrong ... I would forever thank ... because I do not know where to look ...

Thanks for the help.

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2017, 05:04:15 PM »
I don't have time to set it up and test at the moment but just by looking at the xml I see a problem. Many of the name attributes in the xml and your include.txt use colons ':' which aren't allowed in file names, they should use a hyphen '-' instead. That explains no images/meta showing for those games and you won't be able to launch the games either since files can't contain the colon character.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:06:43 PM by Agent47 »

zlagos

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2017, 05:08:54 PM »
Gracias, I'll fix it

Edit: It was that, but now there is another problem, it does not read the storys with -

I'll do it all over again ...

Thank you...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:23:20 PM by zlagos »

zlagos

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2017, 06:44:24 PM »
Thanks to Agent47 I solved the problem.

Now all story.txt and Sony PSP xml works:

Are here: https://mega.nz/#!zpNj3Jyb!ZLlOWSU37YJ39A1DxJcSU-EhWfxAPnHAbWakC-d3nag

Thank you.

JonahUK

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2017, 07:11:30 PM »
Thanks to Agent47 I solved the problem.

Now all story.txt and Sony PSP xml works:

Are here: https://mega.nz/#!zpNj3Jyb!ZLlOWSU37YJ39A1DxJcSU-EhWfxAPnHAbWakC-d3nag

Thank you.

Where was the XML taken from to create these Story files as it only contains 543 entries compared to over 1000 in the HS xml.
Have they been filtered or have I missed something?
Thanks for doing these anyway.