Author Topic: Changing Media Path  (Read 3832 times)

theherooftime796

• View Profile
Changing Media Path
« on: April 18, 2017, 05:14:04 PM »
Hello. I'm currently trying to reconfigure where my media is located, in order to reduce the amount of redundant art between retrofe and rocketlauncher.
In the root settings.conf, i have set "baseMediaPath=E:\.Emulation\Game Media" (uncommented), and in the settings.conf located in collections\Nintendo Entertainment System, i have set
media.video           = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\Videos\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\%ITEM_NAME% .
Is there a problem with this?

I have for example "Mega Man (USA).mp4"  located in the directory "E:\.Emulation\Game Media\Videos\Nintendo Entertainment System\Mega Man (USA)", yet when i load up retrofe and highlight the mega man rom, no video is displayed. I've read back on the old forum that the base media path cannot point outside of the retrofe directory, but apparently this issue has been resolved. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Media Path
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:47:38 PM »
That doesn't seem to work, the manual doesn't list %ITEM_NAME% as a valid variable for the collection settings either.

theherooftime796

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 05:55:55 PM »
That's strange. I thought that all of the variables would be universal. I guess I'll just have to take the storage hit and duplicate the files to the rocketlauncher media path, unless Pieter has a solution. Also, thinking about it, even if it did work the time taken to load the art would probably be increased dramatically because of the need to scan each folder individually.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 06:23:59 PM »
media.video also defines a path; the video name is appended by RetroFE. Just remove the \%ITEM_NAME%

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 06:34:02 PM »
media.video also defines a path; the video name is appended by RetroFE. Just remove the \%ITEM_NAME%

The path he used with the %ITEM_NAME% variable would be correct for the location of the video after RetroFE appended the video name making it, "E:\.Emulation\Game Media\Videos\Nintendo Entertainment System\Mega Man (USA)\Mega Man (USA).mp4". Removing the \%ITEM_NAME% wouldn't work for the hierarchy he was trying to use.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 08:32:53 PM »
You're right; I didn't notice he put each video in its own directory. I think the problem then is that paths get expanded upon loading the collection, and not for each item. That sounds fixable though.