Author Topic: Aura  (Read 106362 times)

pequetren

• View Profile
Re: Aura
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2019, 05:08:42 PM »
Hi Enkak, how did you do the main menu and systems? this would be perfect. Good job. Could you someday share it? Greetings.

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2019, 08:02:24 PM »
Hi Enkak, how did you do the main menu and systems? this would be perfect. Good job. Could you someday share it? Greetings.

Hi pequetren. :)

Don't worry, it will be shared when it's ready. I'm tweaking some parts of the code, polishing things, especially concerning how different systems art can be adapted. Each system boxart (or flyers in arcade systems) have different dimensions so there's a focus on how that will look on the menus/game panel and glass/crystal effect.

Even with many things working automatized in this mod, 1 or 2 will need a compromise/simple instructions like in the original theme to work better. Stuff like system x boxart/flyer dimension should have y width per z height or a multiple of that.

Here's some more wip prints:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 08:26:51 PM by Enkak »

pequetren

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2019, 06:36:41 PM »

Hi pequetren. :)

Don't worry, it will be shared when it's ready. I'm tweaking some parts of the code, polishing things, especially concerning how different systems art can be adapted. Each system boxart (or flyers in arcade systems) have different dimensions so there's a focus on how that will look on the menus/game panel and glass/crystal effect.

Even with many things working automatized in this mod, 1 or 2 will need a compromise/simple instructions like in the original theme to work better. Stuff like system x boxart/flyer dimension should have y width per z height or a multiple of that.

Here's some more wip prints:

Well thank you very much for sharing. The size of the arts I do not see a very difficult problem, is to know what is the correct dimension of the image and generate an action in photoshop that resizes the image to those measurements, then automate a batch of images and the process is very fast even if you have 500 or more images. They could be a bit deformed, but you save a lot of work.
Best regards.

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2019, 03:14:07 AM »
Well thank you very much for sharing. The size of the arts I do not see a very difficult problem, is to know what is the correct dimension of the image and generate an action in photoshop that resizes the image to those measurements, then automate a batch of images and the process is very fast even if you have 500 or more images. They could be a bit deformed, but you save a lot of work.
Best regards.

Yes, I'm doing exactly that. :) If the system doesn't have art where files have all the same dimensions, I pick one that I feel is the best and batch all the rest to follow that. Most times when deforming happens it's minimal. Cheers :)

Meanwhile, some more wip prints:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:16:08 AM by Enkak »

pequetren

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2019, 07:34:34 PM »
Very well your images is very good, I will wait for your news. Greetings and very good work.

makaveeti

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 21, 2019, 12:26:02 AM »
I continue working on the design and simplification of the ui to make it more minimalist. I hope you like the improvements I'm working on:

Excellent work mate. The theme just gets better and better. Can you upload the latest theme to the github link in the original post please?

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2019, 06:42:17 PM »
A little bit of news. :)
The mod is still ongoing, with most systems codes layouts that I thought to include already edited.

The mod forces now specific dimensions to boxart/flyers in main menus for each system and game panel. The best course of action will be always to optimize the files and have them already with the "ideal" dimensions but now the theme can do the job for you. The intention, as with other things in the mod, is to make things easier and more automatic to anyone. This was a bit of a challenge because the code, initially, changed default animations so I had to work a little to regain/maintain iGarikoitz original vision when you enter a collection.

Alpha channels transparency were tweaked a little also for backgrounds since I'm not using blurred files to avoid duplicates of same art (but you can use them of course), and mod runs faster too currently, a necessity because we're dealing with the possibility of systems and bigger collections instead of smaller ones.

Cheers. :)

adu

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2019, 07:00:25 PM »
Awesome work ! Can't wait to use it on my Vewlix Cab !  :D

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2019, 05:37:29 PM »
I don't know what to say, I was cleaning out my email and came across an email from retrofe from 2017 so two years since I have been here.

I thought that I would see what has happened, and I am BLOWN AWAY by seeing this skin. BLOWN AWAY.

I really am stunned for words, so I shall have a look at your tube videos.

*** Update ***

Just to ask, you have place holders for images, is it at all possible to have video playing or does it look too small?

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:27:18 PM by Mark Norville »

kinesico

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2019, 03:43:12 PM »
I love this theme, i hope soon can you upload this new mod to add collections

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2019, 04:40:42 PM »
Some people have been creating small builds based on this theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV11uAs3K9Y&list=PLVad3V-hPA9ia8FNnGh4GEEzzZUidqYIj

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2019, 08:20:24 PM »

Thank you for the interest. The mod was completed a while ago and evolved to follow even more iGarikoitz's original vision and design as intended. Sadly I must tell you that there will be no release of it, for the moment, because of how some people decided to behave, unsurprisingly, when I started sharing here prints and work in progress. Their prerogative. I have no affiliation with them and don't want to have.

PS/quick edit: Just in case that wasn't clear, the mod has a completely different structure compared to the original theme or certain stuff out there.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 08:54:14 PM by Enkak »

kinesico

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2019, 10:48:45 AM »

Thank you for the interest. The mod was completed a while ago and evolved to follow even more iGarikoitz's original vision and design as intended. Sadly I must tell you that there will be no release of it, for the moment, because of how some people decided to behave, unsurprisingly, when I started sharing here prints and work in progress. Their prerogative. I have no affiliation with them and don't want to have.

PS/quick edit: Just in case that wasn't clear, the mod has a completely different structure compared to the original theme or certain stuff out there.

I am sorry for what you are commenting, because it is a great job that you have done. I wish I had the knowledge to develop it myself. I hope that one day you can share it with the community. Greetings from Chile

kinesico

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2019, 04:40:29 PM »
How can I add pc games (steam, origin)
To this theme?? What file I need to add to collection folder??

JonahUK

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2020, 11:50:26 PM »

This is such a shame. I hope you will reconsider?