Author Topic: launchers per game  (Read 3489 times)

Multiplexer

• View Profile
launchers per game
« on: March 04, 2017, 01:32:56 AM »
I seem to be having problems with launchers per game for Amiga.
I am trying to create a separate launcher for Super Street Fighter II Turbo as the whdload lha/zip contains illegal characters that windows doesn't like.
The simplest method I could come up with other than installing through amiga workbench was using fs-uae and OpenRetro Game Database UUID.

The command line for this game should be 'fs-uae-launcher.exe 126f259e-6b5c-5438-a293-81b879969dc4'

I have created a .conf file

E:\RetroFE\collections\Commodore Amiga\launchers\Super Street Fighter II Turbo (AGA).conf
which contains:-

executable = C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
arguments = cmd.exe /C "%ITEM_FILEPATH%"

and a batch file

E:\RetroFE\collections\Commodore Amiga\roms\Super Street Fighter II Turbo (AGA).bat
which contains:-

@echo off
E:\Emulators\fs-uae\Programs\Windows\x86-64\fs-uae-launcher.exe 126f259e-6b5c-5438-a293-81b879969dc4

However, when I try to launch the game I get this error message in the log file

[2017-03-04 01:05:07] [ERROR] [Launcher] Failed to find launcher executable (launcher: executable = C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe executable: )

If I try to launch the batch file manually it works fine, so I don't think there is a problem with that, so I am guessing there must be something wrong with my .conf file.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have spent hours trying to get it to work with no joy.

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: launchers per game
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 04:58:46 AM »
You need to move your launcher file here: "E:\RetroFE\launchers\Super Street Fighter II Turbo (AGA).conf". Then create "E:\RetroFE\collections\Commodore Amiga\launchers\Super Street Fighter II Turbo (AGA).conf" and just put the name of the launcher file in there. In this example it would just be "Super Street Fighter II Turbo (AGA)" without the quotes.

Multiplexer

• View Profile
Re: launchers per game
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 11:54:44 AM »
That sorted it, many thanks!