Author Topic: GUI Configuration  (Read 5443 times)

progets

• View Profile
GUI Configuration
« on: January 24, 2017, 10:22:03 AM »
I don't mind the manual config files but I think this limits RetroFE to people that don't know how.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: GUI Configuration
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 10:53:39 AM »
It's on the todo list, but quite a bit of work. I also wonder if this should not be a separate tool, perhaps with added functionality like move from HyperSpin to RetroFE.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 02:03:28 PM »
I made something similar when I started to move my entire HS setup and I had a few people use it who I brainwashed to convert from HS. It allowed you to set the main settings.conf (the root, not the Main collection), define a global/template system settings.conf, and would batch create collections from a text file/list or your HS main menu.xml and edit the settings.conf to match the template options. Also had it auto populate the extensions per system by scanning the rom dir and it would generate an include.txt if there were any subdirs in the rompath (since RFE didn't support games in folders for disc based systems for example).

I still have a bunch of things to that I wanted to add/fix. Like editing options for individual systems, right now it's more of a batch add/conversion tool. It also doesn't move any media, I thought about adding that but since some of the media locations vary across systems/themes (box/cart art) I didn't bother. Although I suppose functionality could be added for xmls, logos and videos since they have static locations. Code definitely needs cleaning as well, I only intended to use it myself so there was initially no GUI as I just ran it from the IDE. When people wanted to use it I just added a GUI quickly for ease of use.

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 02:26:38 PM »
It is definitely needed a GUI tool to configure the RetroFE collections/layout changer and some other neat things.

GoodWill Emu

• Maker of the RetroFE Setup Tool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 07:03:52 PM »
I just started making one!

It's a pre-Alpha with not much functionality.
I made a reply on the Development thread with an earlier version.

This already can:
- Open the RetroFE website at a click on the Icon
- Open the settings.conf (without much more...)

I make it with Python, which I started a day ago. Tell me what you think...

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 07:26:39 PM »
Nice. RetroFE needs a GUI  :)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 07:34:30 PM »
I think it would be very helpful. I'm still not sure how much functionality should be in there, so I'm hesitant to add a whole new section to the RetroFE program.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk