Author Topic: Dynamic wallpaper  (Read 3863 times)

cassette

• View Profile
Dynamic wallpaper
« on: February 17, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »
Regarding dynamic background, if I use mode="layout", and type="background" I'd be calling the images from RetroFE\layouts\[LAYOUTNAME]\collections\[COLLECTIONNAME]\system_artwork\background. So

Code: [Select]

<reloadableImage type="background" mode="layout" x="0" y="0" height="stretch" width="stretch" layer="0">
      <onHighlightEnter menuIndex="0">
            <set duration=".3">
                <animate type="alpha" from="0" to="1" algorithm="easeinquadratic"/>
            </set>
        </onHighlightEnter>
        <onHighlightExit menuIndex="0">
            <set duration=".3">
                <animate type="alpha" from="1" to="0" algorithm="easeinquadratic"/>
            </set>
        </onHighlightExit>
  </reloadableImage>

My hope is that with this, on the main menu, when hovering "Arcade",  the image background.png or default.png from RetroFE\layouts\[LAYOUTNAME]\collections\Arcade\system_artwork\background\background.png or default.png is retrieved, but it doesn't happen.

What doesn't help is that I've modified the default configuration of RetroFE a lot. So basically instead of having the path inside of RetroFE folder, I have it outside via baseMediaPath=M:/Media/Games/Metadata, and then on the wiki it says the layout path should point to "medium_artwork" instead of "system_artwork", which means I probably renamed "medium_artwork" to "system_artwork" at some point, but I'm looking at the config files of RetroFE and I'm not seeing anywhere that points to "system_artwork" (which is the folder name I'm using)... ughh I'm so confused...

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Dynamic wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 03:36:18 PM »
With this XML, it will look for the following files:
RetroFE\layouts\[LAYOUTNAME]\collections\Main\medium_artwork\background\Arcade.png
RetroFE\layouts\[LAYOUTNAME]\collections\Arcade\system_artwork\background.png
RetroFE\layouts\[LAYOUTNAME]\collections\Main\medium_artwork\background\default.png

cassette

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 03:49:10 PM »
Aah!! It works!! The mistake was putting one extra folder (background > background.png instead of just background.png). I swear I tried all possible combinations... thanks, it looks phenomenal now.

I'm gonna use the thread to ask, how can it make it so the center object on the wheel is the only one with light? Something like the alpha value, but instead of modifying transparency, affecting the lightness of the element. I've thought of doing it with a dark overlay that covers the entire screen, and then putting the center element as a topmost layer so it isn't affected, but if I do that elements other than the logos on the wheel will also be darkened (particularly the background video), so is there any way to attach an overlay to just one element?

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 04:36:08 PM »
Not yet. I've considered implementing filters like greyscale for elements, but I haven't decided yet on how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cassette

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:29:04 PM »
Oh alright, I think I'll just put on a solid black bar under the wheel and the obscured overlay one on top. Thanks again.